At pipkin-hill & co., we want you to enjoy your candle experience in the most safe and pleasant way. As candles can become a hazard if not burned responsibly, here are some great tips to ensure your pipkin-hill & co. candle burns clean, bright, and beautiful!
- Do not use if jar is cracked, chipped, or scratched.
- Always burn candle on a heat-resistant surface and out of reach from children and pets.
- Keep wicks trimmed to 1/8 inches at all times.
Burn candle until a full melt pool establishes, then blow out, let cool, and trim to 1/8 inches before relighting.
Though not recommended, if burning candle beyond full melt pool, monitor wicks to avoid wicks and flame from getting too long possibly causing wicks to smoke; and if trimmings begin to fall into melted wax. If this occurs, blow candle out and trim wick to 1/8 inches, remove trimmings, and relight.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, and ensure wicks stay centered.
Avoid burning candles in drafts, because this can cause flames to flicker (dance) and smoke.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- To avoid damage to surface, burn candle until 1/2 inch of wax remains.
- Always follow instruction label located at bottom of each candle.
Candle Melt Warmers
- Always use approved melt warmers and never add water.
- Place warmer away from children and pet reach.
- Ensure bowl is clean and free from any debris.
Never add water to Aroma Snaps or Aroma Tarts.
Place one Aroma Snap or Aroma Tart in warmer at a time to avoid possible overflow.
- When replacing with new fragrance, allow wax to harden and use a small device to simple crack wax out.
- All linen mists are skin safe.
- Only mist linen-type fabrics such as bedding, sofas, curtains, etc.
- To ensure linen safe, test in small inconspicuous area.
- All Linen Mists contain pure essential oils and premium fragrance oils, avoid contact with surfaces that may be prone to damage, such as wood finishes.